Boo Zoo is the home of Kevin the zookeeper along with his co-worker Candy. And charts the lives of Boo Boo the panda, Alfie the alligator, George the giraffe and Hilda the hippo.
Across six Story Packs you’ll discover 24 short stories written to offer young children exciting adventures whilst at the same time stimulating mathematical learning. An integral part of each story is the inclusion of mathematical vocabulary, such as ‘half’, ‘square’ or ‘tall’. Enjoy these words and talk about them during or after the story. They are listed at the end of each book, together with a list of the mathematics the story introduces.
Colour and shapes are also introduced through each character. Hilda’s favourite colour is purple and she loves squares!
This Hilda the hippo Boo Zoo Story Pack includes:
- Four fantastic story books with Hilda as the star. Each story is brimming with mathematical starting points to talk about and explore as you read or afterwards. Or just enjoy reading the stories.
1 Heavy Hilda – Hilda discovers that being heavy can make you mucky and happy!
2 Hilda’s cake – It’s good to share!
3 Hilda hates hide and seek – A hysterical hunt for hefty Hilda!
4 Sports day – A racy read with a sticky ending!
- Soft toy of Hilda the hippo that children will adore. (Length 36 cm)
- A board game with cut-out characters and jumbo dice, to help develop cognitive skills.
- A mini-laminated poster, for a constant reminder of Hilda! (A4 portrait)
- Ten plastic animals to have counting fun with. (4 elephants, 3 lions, 2 rhinos, 1 tiger)
- A resource sheet with questions to ask and activities to try based around the stories.
- A colour matching tote bag to keep all your Story Pack items together. (Hilda’s is purple)