Boo Zoo is the home of Kevin the zookeeper along with his co-worker Candy. And charts the lives of Boo Boo the panda, Alfie the alligator, George the giraffe and Hilda the hippo.
Across six Story Packs you’ll discover 24 short stories written to offer young children exciting adventures whilst at the same time stimulating mathematical learning. An integral part of each story is the inclusion of mathematical vocabulary, such as ‘half’, ‘square’ or ‘tall’. Enjoy these words and talk about them during or after the story. They are listed at the end of each book, together with a list of the mathematics the story introduces.
Colour and shapes are also introduced through each character. Alfie’s favourite colour is green and he loves rectangles!
This Alfie the alligator Boo Zoo Story Pack includes:
- Four fantastic story books with Alfie as the star. Each story is brimming with mathematical starting points to talk about and explore as you read or afterwards. Or just enjoy reading the stories.
1 Alfie’s toothache – the tale of a tooth that puts the zookeeper in an awkward position.
2 Alfie and the missing water – The story of a problem pool that has a splash of an ending.
3 Alfie’s counting catastrophe! – A tallying tale of counting confusion!
4 Alfie’s eggs – Richard the ranger hatches a plan for a cracking few days for Alfie.
- Soft toy of Alfie the alligator that children will adore. (Length 43 cm)
- A 40 set card game to help develop cognitive skills.
- A mini-laminated poster, for a constant reminder of Alfie! (A4 landscape)
- Ten plastic animals to have counting fun with. (4 elephants, 3 lions, 2 rhinos, 1 tiger)
- A resource sheet with questions to ask and activities to try based around the stories.
- A colour matching tote bag to keep all your Story Pack items together. (Alfie’s is green)