Boo Zoo is the home of Kevin the zookeeper along with his co-worker Candy. And charts the lives of Boo Boo the panda, Alfie the alligator, George the giraffe and Hilda the hippo.
Across six Story Packs you’ll discover 24 short stories written to offer young children exciting adventures whilst at the same time stimulating mathematical learning. An integral part of each story is the inclusion of mathematical vocabulary, such as ‘half’, ‘square’ or ‘tall’. Enjoy these words and talk about them during or after the story. They are listed at the end of each book, together with a list of the mathematics the story introduces.
Colour and shapes are also introduced through each character. George’s favourite colour is yellow and he loves triangles!
This George the giraffe Boo Zoo Story Pack includes:
- Four fantastic story books with George as the star. Each story is brimming with mathematical starting points to talk about and explore as you read or afterwards. Or just enjoy reading the stories.
1 George needs a hair cut – A tall story of a hairy day!
2 Helpful George – Without a doubt, this is a bit of a ‘tall’ story!
3 Vet check-up! – The annual visit of Vicky the vet causes positional pandemonium that lasts well into the night.
4 George’s eyesight – Try and keep focused as George suffers from double vision!
- Soft toy of George the giraffe that children will adore. (Height 45 cm)
- A double sided dominoes game, heads and shapes, to help develop cognitive skills.
- A mini-laminated poster, for a constant reminder of George! (A4 portrait)
- Ten plastic animals to have counting fun with. (4 elephants, 3 lions, 2 rhinos, 1 tiger)
- A resource sheet with questions to ask and activities to try based around the stories.
- A colour matching tote bag to keep all your Story Pack items together. (George’s is yellow)