Boo Zoo is the home of Kevin the zookeeper along with his co-worker Candy. And charts the lives of Boo Boo the panda, Alfie the alligator, George the giraffe and Hilda the hippo.
Across six Story Packs you’ll discover 24 short stories written to offer young children exciting adventures whilst at the same time stimulating mathematical learning. An integral part of each story is the inclusion of mathematical vocabulary, such as ‘half’, ‘square’ or ‘tall’. Enjoy these words and talk about them during or after the story. They are listed at the end of each book, together with a list of the mathematics the story introduces.
Colour and shapes are also introduced through each character. Boo Boo’s favourite colour is red and she loves hexagons!
This Boo Boo the panda Boo Zoo Story Pack includes:
- Four fantastic story books with Boo Boo as the star. Each story is brimming with mathematical starting points to talk about and explore as you read or afterwards. Or just enjoy reading the stories.
1 Boo Boo and the lost Bamboo! – Boo has lost her last piece of bamboo. I can see it, but what about you?
2 Boo Boo’s playful day – A full day of play for all shapes and sizes!
3 Boo Boo’s busy day – A day that Boo Boo will never forget … every hour of it!
4 Boo Boo’s birthday – A tale of terrible tallying and a careless calendar countdown!
- Soft toy of Boo Boo the panda that children will adore. (Height 23 cm)
- A Lotto game with spinner to help develop cognitive skills.
- A mini-laminated poster, for a constant reminder of Boo Boo! (A4 portrait)
- Ten plastic animals to have counting fun with. (4 elephants, 3 lions, 2 rhinos, 1 tiger)
- A resource sheet with questions to ask and activities to try based around the stories.
- A colour matching tote bag to keep all your Story Pack items together. (Boo Boo’s is red)